Well, it has been yet another grand week here in Sevilla.
Cordoba and Gibraltar were both pretty good. But both were a little disappointing, I guess. I think I enjoyed Cordoba more last time I went, and I'm not sure why. What drew me in the last time was the small streets and the Spanish-y feel that I got.. but I guess now I am surrounded by that here in Sevilla. I mean, don't get me wrong.. I still loved it. But not as much as I remember loving it last time.
And Gibraltar.. I am really glad that I went. But I have to say that the advertisements and itineraries that we got were borderline false advertising. Okay, maybe not false advertising, but they definitely made it sound like it was going to be more interesting. In the end, yes.. it was a good time, and I am still glad that I went. But I would never go again. There was just nothing there really. ... I guess we did have some pretty good fish and chips though.
Aside from those trips, I haven't been doing anything huge. Just hanging out, walking around, going out.. you know how it is. It's been good though. Oh! We did see Hairspray though.. that was great. I had seen it in English, and loved it. And I loved it just as much in Spanish. So good. (But I have to confess that the songs were still in English...) That was a good time.
Last night, there was a big event called "La noche larga de los museos". Basically, a bunch of museums in the city were open for free, and they had special events that you could go see. A bunch of us went to el museo del baile flamenco, where we stood in line for 2.5 hours.... only to see a 15 minute performance of a guy singing flamenco. It was good.. but I at least wanted to see some dancing! Since it took so long, we only got to go to one museum. It was crazy to wait in line for so long, but it was still fun to just hang out.
Everyone has been making all of their travel plans this last week. I bought tickets to Barcelona for this next weekend coming up. I am so excited. We have a 3 day weekend, so we're leaving on Thursday night and coming home Sunday morning. I can't wait. We don't actually have an "itinerary" planned yet, but we have a book, and we're working on it. It'll be a good time I'm sure.
Aside from Barcelona, I haven't booked anything yet. But I have a somewhat tentative schedule of where/when I'd like to go. I would definitely love to go to Portugal.. I think it would almost be wrong not to go, being so close. I want to go to Italy, if I can find a cheap flight. I want to go to San Sebastian and Pamplona, and take a weekend trip to Madrid. There is a possibility of maybe throwing in a trip to Dublin, but we'll see. Flights suddenly got more expensive in the last 2 days. And then, of course, for the week long break, I'm going to England to visit Ashley! I'm so excited for that. We don't really have anything planned yet, we're still trying to figure out logistics, but I'm sure that no matter what we do or where we go it will be awesome.
Tomorrow I am going to be able to watch the Steeler game! I am so excited for that! Last week the Steelers weren't on the list of games, but this week they are! I'm sure that will be a good time also. Everybody has big tests on Monday that they need to study for, but the Steeler game is going to be our little break time. Ahhhhh.. And I hope we win!
I am definitely not "homesick" yet, but I am starting to crave (if that's the right word) American things. For instance, I could go for a really good hamburger. And some Mountain Dew. And I would almost give anything for a "real" shower.. one where I don't have to turn the water off and on, and hold the shower head in my hand. And of course I am missing everyone at home, but thanks to facebook and the telephone, I don't feel totally disconnected. So while I miss certain things and certain people, I am still loving this city to death!
Well, I guess should get going. I only have one chapter left in my 4th book (yes! fourth and last book that I brought!), so I am going to finish it now. And then I am going to get to bed! I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow.. lots of studying to do before the Steeler game!!
Send me an email and let me know how things are going with you! I'd love to hear!
-Raquel Inglés
(as I am known in the Spanish world)
Saturday, September 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment