Thursday, September 13, 2007

Things are good.. yes, still.
You can probably get used to me saying this.

This week has been good. It was a short week for us. Today was the last day of class for the week, because tomorrow we are taking a trip to Cordoba. That should be exciting. I remember feeling fondly of that city, so I'm sure it will be a good time. I'm excited to go back.

This week I took my first test. And I did pretty well. I got an A-, which I am absolutely okay with! The things I missed were things I knew but made careless mistakes with. For instance, conjugating a verb for the wrong person. Not cool. But.... yes, I really cannot complain. It's been a while since I've gotten an A on a Spanish test. ;)

I am just really loving our class right now. It's so laid back. There are only about 10 or 11 people in it. The professor is really nice, and she's so funny. She doesn't speak English, which I am actually loving. I love getting definitions in Spanish, instead of just knowing the English equivalents. It involves more creativity on figuring out how to explain what you want ask. And it definitely forces us to speak in Spanish ALL the time. If we don't understand something at first, we just get another Spanish explanation. But so far, so good!

On Wednesday next week, our class and another are going to a Chinese restaurant. Apparently they give you heaps of food and it only costs 5 Euro. (I have no idea how to make a Euro symbol on my computer.) That should be a fun time. This whole idea came about by a random conversation about Chinese food in our class the other day. Yet another reason I love that class. We talk about anything... as long as it's in Spanish.

This Saturday, I am hopefully going to take a trip to Gibraltar. What's in Gibraltar, you ask? Well, that's a good question. And I'm not really sure. But it sounds like a fun trip. The thing I'm most excited about is a monkey reserve! Where apparently the monkeys roam freely. So... we'll see about that! I have to go back to the travel agency and register for it tonight.

As a totally random side note, I am pretty sure that we have found a tex-mex bar that will show American football games! I can't tell you how excited I am for that! I want to go check their list and see if they're playing the steelers game this sunday!

I don't really have much else to add right now, at least nothing I can think of.
But things are good!

Tonight I'm going to go play bingo with some old men in a hospital, go register for the trip to Gibraltar, and go out for tapas with my group from the walking tour.
And then tomorrow is Cordoba!
So I have some exciting stuff coming up!

Talk to you all soon!
Hope you're doing well!

No comments: